A Christmas to Remember
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Enjoy a performance put on by members of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museumís theater group. When our main character has no one with whom to share their Christmas dinner, some surprising historical guests from New Mexicoís past show up to make it quite memorable.
Without revealing too much about our mystery characters, here is a little bit about them:
- The main character is the wife of a founder of two townships. Her husband and a friend walked over 2,000 miles from Georgia after learning about homesteading in New Mexico.
- A curandera, a folk healer, who is on her way to the Lucero Ranch to help deliver a baby.
- A governor of New Mexico.
- A retired New Mexico Ranger, in fact, the youngest, hired at 23.
- A person thought to be the first American woman to travel the Santa Fe Trail.
- A cavalry soldier who was part of the Punitive Expedition.
Admission is free.