For information contact Craig Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum hosts visitors from 50 states in 1 year
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces truly has a national and international audience.
The Museum played host to visitors from all 50 states and from 11 foreign countries over a one-year period, from Ma. . .
Museum adds protective saddle cabinets
- There’s a better place to store old saddles than in a dusty barn.
Preservation is the goal behind the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s new storage units. Nine large custom-built metal cabinets were delivered to th. . .
Agenda for May 12, 2017, Museum Board Meeting
- NEW MEXICO FARM & RANCH HERITAGE MUSEUM
May 12, 2017
Museum Kitchen Classroom
4100 Dripping Springs Rd, Las Cruces, NM
The Mission of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritag. . .
Blessing of the Fields is May 15
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate an old tradition with the annual Blessing of the Fields procession on Monday, May 15.
Beginning at 10 a.m., Most Reverend Oscar Cantú, Bishop of the Roman Catholic. . .
2017 Summer Camps for Kids
- 2017 Summer Camps for Kids
It’s that time of year again! Time to take advantage of our large outdoor campus and wonderful indoor facilities by attending one or more of our annual summer camps at the New Mexico Farm and R. . .
Watercolor artists show 'A Movable Feast'
- Watercolor artists in southern New Mexico show their creations in a new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
"A Movable Feast: Foods of New Mexico" is an art show presented by the New Mexic. . .
18th Cowboy Days features Chili Cook-Off
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s 18th Cowboy Days festival will have some extra flavor.
The Museum in Las Cruces has added the first-annual Cowboy Days Chili Cook-off, sanctioned by the Chili Appreciation Soci. . .
Meet the Producers exhibit features Artesia family
- A family that has been raising a variety of crops in the Artesia area for generations is featured in the “Meet the Producers” exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
“Meet the Producers” is a . . .
Museum expands Antique Treasures Show
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has added a fun, new element to its annual Antique Treasures Show (formerly Antique Treasures Day).
This year’s is event is on Sunday, Jan. 29 from noon to 4 p.m. . . .
Las Crucen Jay Hill's farm photography featured in exhibit
- The beautiful photography of farming in the Mesilla Valley is featured in a spectacular new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
The free opening reception for “Jay Hill: Our Wholesome Valley,” is 5:30-7. . .
Museum closed on Christmas and New Year's Day
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum and the Eagle Ranch Mercantile will be closed on Christmas Day and on New Year's Day.
Both will close at 1 p.m. on Dec. 24.
The Museum's regular hours of operation will resume. . .
Museum adds Debouillet sheep
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has added a third breed of sheep to its livestock program – a breed created in New Mexico.
Three Debouillet sheep – one ram and two ewe lambs – from the R.C. “Punch. . .
Museum closed on Thanksgiving Day
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum and the Eagle Ranch Mercantile and Snack Bar will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Both the Museum and Gift Shop will reopen at 9 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25, and resume normal busines. . .
HomeGrown food event showcases New Mexico products
- Food produced in New Mexico is showcased at the third-annual event, “HomeGrown: A New Mexico Food Show & Gift Market,” on Nov. 19-20 at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
Vendors from around the state will sell t. . .
Magoffin subject of presentation
- Despite his being a fairly prominent trader of his time, we actually know relatively little about James Wiley Magoffin and his associates and their roles in Southwestern trading between the early 1830s and the American Civil . . .
Exhibit celebrates Elephant Butte Dam's centennial
- A new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate the centennial of the Elephant Butte Dam in Sierra County.
“Elephant Butte Dam: Building a Future for Agriculture” opens in the Museum’s North Cor. . .
Community Appreciation Day is Aug. 27
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum has a lot to celebrate.
As the museum commemorates the 20th anniversary of the construction of the main building and the creation of the newest venue on the 47-acre campus – the . . .
Paintings honor Native American leaders
- A new art show at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum brings viewers close up to some of history's most iconic Native American leaders.
Santa Fe artist Narrie Toole’s paintings pay tribute to Native American cultur. . .
Museum receives national honor
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has achieved accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the highest national recognition afforded the nation’s museums. Accreditation signifies excellenc. . .
Ice Cream Sunday is July 17
- America’s favorite summer treat -- ice cream -- is the star of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s most popular event of the summer. More than 1,300 people attended the event last year.
The 13th-annual Ice Cream . . .
South 20 portion of Museum closed June 16-17
- The "South 20" portion of the Museum will be closed due to maintenance work on June 16-17, 2016.
Repaving of the roads will take place on those days and no one will be allowed past the Green Bridge. The area closed will in. . .
Museum participating in national Blue Star program with other DCA museums
- Today the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) announced the launch of Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,0. . .
Chief Curator Toni Laumbach retiring after 20 years
- Toni Laumbach, the chief curator at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum for the past 20 years, is retiring.
Laumbach has been with the museum since its beginning. She has conceived, designed and implemented most of. . .
Weaving traditions showcased in exhibit
- A beautiful new exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces showcasing historical and contemporary weaving opens on May 21.
“Weaving in New Mexico: The Ancestral Puebloan and Rio Grande Traditions”. . .
Blessing of the Fields is May 13
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate an old tradition with the annual Blessing of the Fields procession on Friday, May 13.
Beginning at 10 a.m., Fr. Alejandro Reyes, Administrator of Our Lord of Mercy. . .