For information contact Craig Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Navajo wool producer featured in exhibit
- A Navajo wool grower is featured in the “Meet the Producer” exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
Various farmers and ranchers from throughout the state are featured in the exhibit on a rota. . .
Photography exhibit shows off Museum's 'Heavy Metal'
- Richard Ondrovic will be the first to admit that he sees things a little differently than most people.
His unique perspective is showscased in a new photography exhibit at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum called. . .
Photo exhibit captures power and grace of horses
- As a small child, watching her grandfather’s draft horses work on the farm left a lasting impression on Cheryl Cathcart.
The Corrales, N.M. artist has combined her love of horses and photography and the result is an amazin. . .
HomeGrown: A New Mexico Food Show & Gift Market
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces will unveil a new event on Nov. 22-23 that features the state’s diverse food products.
The Museum's new event, "HomeGrown: A New Mexico Food Show & Gift Market," is. . .
Lipan Apaches topic of monthly Culture Series
- Author Sherry Robinson's program is sponsored by the New Mexico Humanities Council
Day of the Dead Bread
- Saturday, October 25th
9:00 to Noon
New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum
Las Cruces, N.M.
Just in time for the Day of The Dead Celebration, the Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will be baking this festive, celebratory de. . .
Ghosts of the Past set for Oct. 24-25
- Experience the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum at night as you time travel back in New Mexico history or meet historical ghosts during two exciting nights in October for Ghosts of the Past.
The popular living histo. . .
"Inside Story" exhibit is coming down
- Hundreds of thousands of people over the past 11-plus years have gotten an up-close look at agriculture in the Mesilla Valley by simply walking through the Heritage Gallery of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.
A. . .
New art exhibit features New Mexico paintings
Bonnie Mandoe knew she wanted to be a painter since her teens – but it took a while to realize her dream.
The Las Cruces artist grew up in California, and studied art at the University of California, Berkeley. After tha. . .
Museum Celebrates 11th Ice Cream Sunday
- America’s favorite summer treat -- ice cream -- is the star of the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s most popular event of the summer.
The 11th-annual Ice Cream Sunday is set for 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 2. . .
Museum unveils: "Cowboys: The Real Deal."
- There’s a chuck wagon over in the corner, but before you get there, you’ll walk past a squeeze chute. There are ropes, saddles, branding irons and hats. Campfire music is playing, and there are cowboy images of from all diffe. . .
Museum receives certificate from TripAdvisor
- The travel website, TripAdvisor, has awarded the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum a 2014 Certificate of Excellence, signifying that it has consistently earned outstanding feedback from TripAdvisor travelers.
This pr. . .
Museum participates in Blue Star Program for veterans
- (Santa Fe) - As part of the national Blue Star Museums Program, New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs’ 16 state-run museums and historic sites will once again offer free admission to active duty military personnel and the. . .
Night at the Museum is May 23
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s second-annual Night at the Museum is May 23.
From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, the museum’s exhibits will come to life, so to speak. On this special evening, museum visitors wi. . .
Blessing of the Fields is May 15
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum will celebrate an old tradition with the annual Blessing of the Fields procession on May 15.
Beginning at 10 a.m., Rev. Vince Petersen, O.F.M. Conv., Pastor of Our Lady of Guadal. . .
2014 Summer Day Camps for kids
- 2014 Summer Camps!
Fun with Fiber: June 3, 4, and 5
10 AM to 1:30 PM. Open to ages 8-12
$40 for non-members, $35 for members
Learn the basics of spinning, weaving, welt felting, and fiber dyeing. Visit the Museum’s ani. . .
Museum displays honor farm and ranch honorees
- The New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces has a pair of new displays that pay tribute to the New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau’s Farm Family of the Year and the New Mexico Cattle Growers’ Association Cattlema. . .
Dona Ana County artist featured in Arts Corridor
- A new exhibit in the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum’s Arts Corridors features the creative work of Doña Ana County artist Peter Goodman.
The exhibit, “Peter Goodman: Changing Landscapes,” opens on April 18 and wil. . .
Museum's greenhouse turns 5 years old
The greenhouse at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum turned five years old this month and the facility has become a valuable part of the museum.
The 2,640-square-foot structure opened to the public on March 14 i. . .
Museum celebrates 15th Cowboy Days
- For the 15th year, the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces will be consumed with everything Old West during its annual Cowboy Days celebration on March 8-9.
The fun is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, M. . .
Farm & Ranch Museum participates in Culture Day
- For Immediate Release
Contact: Carrie Moritomo
January 22, 2014
Culture Day Showcases New Mexico’s Cultural Diversity
Santa Fe - The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs will host “Culture Day” at the . . .
Antique Treasures Day is Jan. 26
- Only one day a year, visitors to the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum get the opportunity to enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at the facility’s collections and preservation program.
On Sunday, Jan. 26, the museum will. . .